- This event has passed.
EVF Circuit – Guildford (GBR)
8 January - 9 January
EPEE + FOIL + SABRE
Please see the attached invitation letter for further details.
Final Instructions for Guildford International 2022 (3/1/2022)
Fencers from outside UK V12
It seems highly likely that we will be permitted to hold our competition 8/9th January. We wanted to remind you of the mitigating measures that we have put into place, along with some additions, which are highlighted in bold below.
Please read the information carefully, it contains important information.
To further mitigate against the spread we are taking the following steps:
- We will enter the sports complex by our own side door. When you come off the main road, keep to the right on the perimeter road, and find a parking space adjacent to the main building. Walk a short distance down the perimeter road, and you find the entrance and check in on the left.
- You will have had a PCR test as part of the travel regulations, which will be accepted if within 3 days of the competition. Otherwise, you may be asked to take a Lateral Flow/Rapid Antigen test at check in.
Please bring proof of your PCR test. You will be asked to sign a form confirming that you have followed all UK government requirements. Please bring your own pen for this purpose.
- You must have had a negative lateral flow test on the day of the competition (fencers competing on both days will have to take 2 tests). You will be asked to sign a form confirming this. Please also leave an emergency contact number. If you are unable to obtain a Lateral Flow/Rapid Antigen test, there will be some available at Check-in.
- You must wear a face mask when not actually fencing. Anyone not wearing a mask will be asked to leave the venue.
- We will put up web links so that fencers can check results and find out which pistes they are on, rather than crowding around printouts.
- We will allow more space between pistes than at previous events.
- We recommend that fencers come in fencing gear and avoid using the changing rooms as much as possible.
- Sanitising gel will be available on each piste.
- We suggest that you bring your own refreshments, however there will be a café upstairs that you can use at your own risk.
- Spectators are not encouraged and must wear a face mask.
- The side door to the hall may be kept open to improve ventilation. Be prepared for lower temperatures in the arena.
- Be prepared for a longer than usual check-in process. Please maintain social distancing.
BVF have run 3 competitions during the Covid pandemic, and so far we have had no reports of subsequent infections. Please strive to keep up this record. Anyone testing positive in the week after the event should inform us so that we can trace close contacts from the event.
You will receive a word document to bring with you at check-in. Please complete this on the morning of the competition after you have taken your Lateral Flow Test. If you are unable to obtain a Lateral Flow test, there will be some available at Check-in.
After an incident at the National championships, the committee ask that all competitors keep with their kit details of an emergency contact number. This is to enable us to know who to contact in case of an accident.
We will keep you all informed immediately if the current situation changes.
Any problems on the day please call DT on +44 (0) 7958 406943
The organising committee.